Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Henry Martin: 100 Days,100 Women



My work was recently featured in a project by art historian, Henry Martin. His biography on Agnes Martin is due to be released in the US this March. As part of that release Henry began an online project, "100 Days, 100 Women". His vision for the project is to reduce the male bias in the art world.

"100 Days 100 Women is a corrective measure I can take as a biographer and art writer, to not only educate myself on contemporary art practice by women artists known and unknown to me, but also to fight against historical precedent in the disappearance of art by women in art history books, the marketplace, and human consciousness.”

My work is featured here. Be sure to visit the home page of the project to discover other fantastic work.

No comments: