Thursday, October 27, 2016

Autumn Exhbitions

This year late October brings with it a flurry of activity to prepare for upcoming exhibitions. I have been framing non-stop since I returned from my weekend away in NYC. At this point, everything but my solo show is packed up and in the mail. Wish me luck!


"A Love Letter to My Garden"; 19 x 18; acrylic and glitter on paper mounted on panel




All of the venues I'm exhibiting at are in and around the Boston area. If you live in the area or plan on visiting, there is some exciting stuff to see. First up, my painting, A Love Letter to My Garden, is part of a group exhibition at Thomas Young Gallery in Boston. A Group Thing brings together upwards of 30 contemporary artists in Boston's Seaport District. The opening reception is next Sunday from 5 - 9pm.


"Intrusive Thoughts" 9 x 10"; acrylic on panel; on display at Deedee Shattuck Gallery in November

A week later there is an opening reception for the annual Small Works exhibition at Deedee Shattuck Gallery in Westport, MA. The exhibition is by invitation only and I am thrilled to have been asked to participate. The gallery is in a stunning light-filled space on Massachusett's south coast showing a roster of distinguished artists many of whom live and work in area. The opening reception is Saturday, November 12 from 5 -7pm. I'm planning to attend, so come on by! I hope to see you there!

In early December I will be back on the south coast for a small solo exhibition of my work at Gallery 65 on Williams St in New Bedford. The owner, Nicole St Pierre, is a friend of mine; and her husband, Marc, was my printmaking professor in graduate school. The show gives me a chance to display a recent body of paintings I made in response to our move from Massachusetts. They are an homage to the garden I left behind. View them here. I'm truly excited for the show. The work is fresh and playful and it was a real joy to make. The reception is Saturday December 3, from 4 - 7 pm.

No comments: