Thursday, September 8, 2016

September Exhibitions

  I have work in three separate locations across the country this Septemeber. If you happen to be in the vicinity of any of these shows, there are some great things to see.



 The faculty show at PrattMWP opens this Friday in Utica, NY. It is my first semester in my new position as Assistant Professor of 2D Foundations, and I am honored to be exhibiting alongside the distinguished faculty at PrattMWP. If you're in the upstate area, the reception is from 4 - 6 pm and the exhibit is up through October 7.


 
  The Hallspace Drawing Project is already on display in Dorchester, MA. I visited the gallery for the first time last spring to see an exhibition of paintings by Brigid Watson and was impressed by both the work and the space. When I saw that the gallery was having an open call to participate in a drawing exhibition, I jumped at the chance. All work on display is 12 x 12 inches and priced at $144. The gallery has limited hours, opened Friday and Saturday, but the roster of artist participating in this show is well worth the trip. The show is on until October 1.



Lastly, for those of you in the southwest, It Laid Waste is part of a national juried exhibition at Adams State University in Alamosa, CO. The exhibition, Atypical Topographies, examines fresh takes on the genre of landscape. I packed up my piece and sent it on its way this Tuesday. The show opens Thursday, September 29 and is up through October 26.

No comments: