Monday, January 11, 2016

New Work

Currently untitled, acrylic on panel, 10 x 9", 2015

 I am beginning to photograph my latest body of paintings. It's one of those studio moments when I wish I had an army of helpers at my disposal, not least because they'd probably take better images of my work than I do. This fall I began a series of small format paintings. The summer pulled me out of the studio and into the garden, and I needed to find a way back to working regularly so, I started small. As ever, my teaching schedule influenced my thinking in the  studio; and with three sections of Composition last semester I found myself desperately desiring to work non-objectively. I just wanted to think about shape, placement, and color.

  There are over 20 paintings at this point, and just when I think they have played themselves out and are over, I make another. Here's hoping I can get them photographed and posted online soon.

No comments: